Tuesday, March 12, 2013

A peek into...15 seconds of my life



The dawn of a new day. The air swirls with a freshness, deep, long breathes filled with capacity. A rush of air pushed from lungs. The smell of java and dirt mixed. Lost within images that just float.
In and out.
A sweet mixture of impending spring with the oldness of the past season.
Past.
Season.
Bittersweetness dips on my tongue.
Reflections of the life lived. Seasoned.
Photographs.
Filled with smiling, familiar faces.
So carefree. So Lost, yet in love with the thought.
Inhaling the stretch of Mother Earth's awakening. Longing for her to wrap her arms about us, tightly.
And never,
Ever
Let go.

Images
Of a seasoned life.
Seeing. Feeling. All there was trapped within, for eternity.
Mine.

THe music of the day, awakened before the sun. Life outside, beckons for one to just run through the fields. Rejoicing in the moment of being here.
Sullen, today.
Life moves, it heaves. As trucks rumble on a distant highway ... going ...
Where?
Somewhere.

Quietly meandering through the morn.
Cherishing it.
Upon entering a door, life engulfed, busy with routine, I bent to awake my mother.
Images, flashed before me. I hesitate, and halt all together. I stood over her, just to watch her sleep. To hear her breath. Lost within the memory of a child at five, playing with her mother's hair as she slept. A mother who carried all the beauty this child could ever want, and possess. The child watched her in awe.
That child stood above the mother this morn, still in awe.

Time has a new meaning as of late.
A sudden importance. The realizations of where I stand in relation to Father Time.
The path, as I gaze out along the muck, the cobblestone smoothed over the years, appears to move forward endlessly...reaching out to the ends of the earth.
It does not.
The horizon moves closer... sneaking and stealth.
I have become more aware, more than usual.
Not just of the minutes, the hours or the days. Not of just the time well spent, well wasted or just gone from the pages.
Or the evidence of time that gazes back from a reflection.

My surroundings.
The trees, the sound, the smell. THe cracks in the sidewalk at my mother's home.
Images, again.
Children; laughing. Frolicking. Teenagers sitting, contemplating life, the future.
The future stares back now.
And then, as quick as it came, the images fades, blurs back to that woman, standing there, staring at the pavement.
Voices of a past life. Giggles. Tears. Shed here on this very spot.
Prom pictures, baptismals, weddings, graduations ...
funerals.

A noise distracts me from these moments, calling me back to now.
From the window:
A child waving
A mother standing behind her, staring, through my very soul, as if she knew every thought I just relived...
Stare back in wonder .... Does she relive them too?
I smile, turn to leave, return to the clutter of life and stop again, to look back into her eyes ...
A slight smile to push the cheeks, stopping the tears ...

Still in awe... '143'

*Edit: Old words, same life just different time

Photobucket

Labels: , , , , , ,

 
posted by Jod{i} at 3/12/2013 04:00:00 AM, |

12 Comments:

Wonderful post Jodi. Loved it. Like how you weave in and out, back and forth. Truly hard for me to do. Ah, the things I learn from reading your work. ;-)
~JD
Sometimes there are just no words to comment on how beautiful your writing is. It is a joy to come here to sit a while and read.
I feel the same way as Tara R. I have NO WORDS for comments after reading something like this. Beautiful.

xxoo
hi jodi,
peaceful to be here in this post just now. thank you, kathleen
"The smell of java and dirt mixed."

You, my love, a truly talented. The imagery is amazing...
Perhaps I am hormonally emotional today, because this, "Lost within the memory of a child at five, playing with her mother's hair as she slept. A mother who carried all the beauty this child could ever want, and possess. The child watched her in awe. That child stood above the mother this morn, still in awe", made me cry a little. So beautiful.
Speaking of awe...I am in it. This was really beautiful.
JD:
Thank ya...this is an example of how I think...its straight from the head to paper(so to speak) what comes out of my mouth is totally different...lol

Tara:
awww made me blush thank you

Meleah:
awww ty ty

Kathleen:
thank you!

Judith:
and yet that mix was so true..thank you Judith means a lot to me!

Huckdoll:
awww...thanks ma'am, great to see ya!

Momo:
*curtsy
The "time has new meaning" paragraph was devestatingly accurate.

Sharp observation, excellent writing. Nice.
Chris:
Merci mon ami. On occasion I can pull a few words out...lol
I love the power of the short sentences. The one or two word sentences here are amazing. I love writing those types of sentences or phrases in poetry and prose. I marvel at how you use them though. I loved this. Thanks!
goosebumps <3